Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2020 Deals

Hello

Is Houdah Spot also 30% off ?

The discount is on HoudahGeo only.

HoudahSpot will soon get a major upgrade. Any HoudahSpot 5 license you buy now will also apply to HoudahSpot 6.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like it: https://www.houdah.com/houdahSpot/buy.html

Bose QC-35 II Headphones, $100 off

Iā€™ve used the predecessor of these for the past 3 years, and wouldnā€™t get anything done without the noise cancelling feature. Before that I used the QC-25 for a couple of years. Highly recommended.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0756CYWWD

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if this qualifies as a Black Friday dealā€¦
Softorino is launching a Pre-order for WALTR PRO.
Itā€™s not exactly cheap, but Softorinoā€™s software are usually pretty good.

Softorinoā€™s sale prices on their existing products is here.

If someoneā€™s looking for Windows 10 for their Intel Mac, expires 11/30

Windows 10 Home $29.99
Windows 10 Professional $39.99

1 Like

It us usually $250, so 20% off is decent.

The CalDigit dock is the best dock Iā€™ve ever used. Previously I had a MacSales Thunderbolt 3 dock, but I had issues with some of the ports that support could not fix and it would disconnect if I bumped the desk.

2 Likes

From what Iā€™ve seen, $199.99 is a very low price for a new CalDigit TS3 Plus. It has often been in the $250 to $300 range. Iā€™m sure there will be a new model at some point, of course.

2 Likes

Boom 3D is discounted to $10 (75% off). Itā€™s a fantastic audio enhancer and equalizer. I saw it on Mac App Deals.

Smile Softwareā€™s Black Friday sale ends on Monday

2 Likes

The Sweet Setupā€™s BF sale also ends Monday

1 Like

Same here. I bought it because Mikah Sargent reviewed it and said that it was the best he had ever used and heā€™s reviewed a lot of them.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just stumbled across Inklet, which is 60% off.

And ā€¦ wow, it seems like the app Iā€™ve been looking for, but didnā€™t realise it.

It lets you draw on your trackpad using your finger (or a stylus), as if itā€™s a tablet, and without using a mouse. So handy in zoom!

2 Likes

Very curious how well this works! Anyone with any experience?!

2 Likes

The recent addition of Pass-Through Audio to these headphones has made them ideal for Zoom meetings for me lately.

2 Likes

I just tested Inklet in Curio using, of all things, an old style stylus from the pre-Apple Pencil days. I have a 16in MBP.

It seems that the best use of this will be for the bundle with the Pogo stick. Otherwise, the app stuttered its way through the drawing mode in the stylus/finger-mimic mode.

(I see that the Pogo has ā€œmagneticā€ tips. I have to wonder whether I might find something to test that idea).

In any case, I am hard pressed to purchase the app bundle because I have since moved entirely to using my iPad, Apple Pencil 2, and a drawing app to do the work that a graphics trackpad + macOS drawing tool would do.

ā€“
JJW

2 Likes

Hook App Pro? Sold! Iā€™m glad Luc was on the podcast recently, I did go back and try the Hook App and am using it (albeit in basic ways - for now) for a current research project. Iā€™m really happy with the ability to link to any file on my system while I write, itā€™s removed a massive amount of friction in my workflow thus far.

Reflector 3 by Airsquirrels is on sale for $11.99. Iā€™ve been waiting for this for a while now

Actually check out the store and you can get Reflector and AirParrot together for 19.99

4 Likes

My camel camel camel alertly fail me on this one. Itā€™s gone up some. I had been saving up credit card cash back specifically for this

BBech, you may have seen it already but if not, thereā€™s a box under the price that if checked applies a $20 coupon to CalDigit TS3 Plus at Amazon, $199.99 with coupon

Thatā€™s at least in the US. Maybe they have some kind of pricing restriction that prevents Amazon from subtracting that from the price directly? No idea