iOS 14 Widget Screens!

Am I missing something? Think my apps are up to date, but I only seem to see Apple widgets. For example, don’t have the bible widget that is shown but I have that app?

1 Like

It seems you need to start the app at least once, then its widgets will appear as options for the Home Screen.

There are some apps that are compatible with the new system but then there is a “lower block” when editing your widgets that allows for the older widgets that have worked with older versions of iOS (ie: the Bible app’s widget)… If you look closely in my screenshot, the Bible app and the Multi-timers widget are lumped together and slightly lower than the reminders/google maps widgets. Hopefully that makes sense. Maybe I’ll post a screen recording.

edit - apologies. This was in response to @craig_r

1 Like

I’ve noticed I’ve had to restart my phone a couple times to get the widgets to show up after the app is updated. I don’t know if that’s the only way, or the correct way, but it works.

Here is a link to back up what I wrote to you. The video will expire in two weeks.

My homescreen:

For details and my thoughts:

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for taking the time to create that video

1 Like

Didn’t even know this was a possibility. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: I definitely see the upside to having a work and home homescreen.

You have to launch the app first before the widgets are made available.

I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned the Google widgets yet!

I guess nobody in this thread is using them… :laughing:

3 Likes

My widget set up is pretty simple.

Oh, you have the Discourse Hub app? You should really try out Fig instead. :wink:

2 Likes

Great write up! Gives me lots to think about.

1 Like

Here’s my widget start… err… home screen. It is beautiful, isn’t it? :rofl:

10 Likes

I have tried Fig but it is not quite fully-baked. For example, when I try to quote using Fig, I get the notice below. I like Fig but it still lacks a few features, unless I’m missing something. The screenshot is from my iPad.

Wow! How? :laughing:

Easy to do. Happy to provide an assist. :slight_smile:

Interesting! I will forward that to the developers. :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t speak for others but given that our organization uses Google Enterprise I don’t have a choice when it comes to work. That said, GE is a lot more privacy focused in educational venues than for personal use. I do not use Google for personal use at all other than my junk email address. Otherwise I use Safari and or the Brave browser and iCloud. I also only use DuckDuckGo for any of my Internet searches.

I am the same. I try to avoid google.

2 Likes