iOS 14 Widget Screens!

If you could use an automated Shortcut to turn on/off the first Homescreen depending on location, i.e. work/home, would be a powerful option.

1 Like

This is my Home Screen on my iPhone

Prior to iOS14, I used to have a whole pane of widgets on my iPad Pro when in landscape mode. But now I can only get to my new customised widgets when I’m in portrait mode and swipe from the left.

Why cant I have my newly customised widgets on my iPad Pro to appear all the time to the left in a pane on my iPad anymore?

Also,I’m so annoyed that the new Shortcuts widget only allow for 8 shortcuts now.

4 Likes

So that button was turned on already… What am I doing wrong here?

Oh yeah! My Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) crashes about every 10 minutes… :rofl:

Last time I rebooted the phone was when I got a new security update. Which you get on a monthly basis.

I suspect the answer to my question is obvious and in my face, but I don’t see it. On your first page (where the Edit button is shown), what type of “widgets” (or not?) are the things with grey borders holding four “widgets” (or not") inside each? Widgets inside widgets? How are these made? I can see how to “stack” to make “smart” widgets, but these seem different and how to make is eluding me. Thanks.

Those are Shortcuts widgets.

We are having a step competition at work and just had to put my steps as widget on my homescreen with widget smith. Cool app.

On the lower end I have to rows of my most used apps (that is a widget as well)

On top I have a Smart Stack with weather, calendar, files and battery

really liking the new system

So I guess I’m just not allowed widgets in the Today View on screen on my iPad anymore… too bad

Thanks. As I’ve not used Shortcuts very much yet, I didn’t recognise. I’ll explore.

It works now after multiple restarts with settings off and on… seems to be an iOS14 glitch/bug, who would have known we had those…

1 Like

I went a little crazy with Canva, Widgetsmith, and Shortcuts…

33 Likes

Showing this to my wife, it’s up her alley. What a beautiful design you’ve got going on.

I love seeing people who coordinate everything. It’s enough work for me to pick the right clothes lol.

6 Likes

It’s possible to hide the widgets on the iPad by pulling down on the top widget, pull up on the blank space to make the list appear again. Bug or not I don’t know, but I believe that hidden is the default view after powering off.

1 Like

Yeah… Back when we had EVOs, they would spontaneously reboot, overheat, etc… And the reboot would sometimes be 5 minutes! I do NOT miss that. Granted, there were some aspects that were nice to have with the Android OS but I was happy to trade that for a very stable iOS as well as the easy assimilation of my podcasts, games, and purchased movies/tv shows.

Still not seeing widgets from apps in iOS 14

Fir example, have Day One and it is updated to latest version. But no widgets available to select. Have open end Day One and have rebooted phone. Very frustrating

1 Like

I hope I’m the only one who has to admit they’ve made a compete and utter mess of their Home Screen. :frowning: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day One’s widget works for me. Are you not able to get something like what I have here? Or are you looking for something different?

Would a delete and reinstall of the app help? (Being mindful to backup your entries first)

Day One’s knowledge base did not appear to be helpful, sadly.
On my end, Day One has widgets that show both in the “new format” and in the “old format” (old as: “Daily Prompt”). Screenshots attached, if helpful.

Please please tell me more re what you’ve done here!! I NEED this zen look. Thanks in advance

Will the photos always change? If so , what folder do they take the photos out of?