Kourosh Dini’s Being Productive to increase in price

I agree this material is undervalued, and justifies a higher price point.
You have until the end of the month to get it at the current price.

3 Likes

For completeness: today (10/6) price is $49.95 US. “At the end of October” the price will be “at least $247 [US]”. Increase 5x.

It’s an interesting bet by a very good author. Will other very good authors (@MacSparky?) follow suite? I know I will be a lot more discerning with who I support if the market follows this move, because my tech publication budget sure isn’t increasing 5x this year or any year. OTOH, if you were to hire a coach with the skills @Kourosh has, you’d pay that much hourly.

1 Like

I see the upcoming RoamResearch and Obsidian are on the order of $100+ for training. Tiago Forte and Nat Eliason courses are in $200+ range. Looks like @Kourosh is getting inline with that price target.

3 Likes

Tiago as gone from $600 to $1200 to $1500. Wanting serious clients only, I suppose.

1 Like

@JohnAtl I should have been clear about Tiago in reference to RoamResearch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve taken the BASB course and I have to sincerely congratulate Tiago Forte for being one of the most amazing and successful peddlers of snake oil on the productivity market. His business model truly is a marvel to behold.

I’m glad Kourosh raises the price to match a little more, because his content, on the other hand, is definitely worth every penny.

9 Likes

When I use this link to his website, it shows price as $34.95. Click on “buy” and it shows $49.95. https://www.kouroshdini.com/being-productive/

UPDATE: I contacted Kourosh Dini and this has been corrected to reflect the true price.

2 Likes

Interesting. What makes you say this?

Never taken the course, but have heard lots about it.

See this thread.
https://talk.macpowerusers.com/t/basb-and-zettelkasten-are-opposite-approaches/

Do not take BASB. It’s shallow but more worryingly, it promotes shallow thinking. I’ve taken way more value reading the Obsidian forum than this horribly overpriced course. (Minute long video tutorials to show how to move files into folders and pompously call this « a PARA starter kit »? Seriously?) I had so much faith and wanted to like it that I missed the refund window. (That’s not a mistake I’ll be making ever again)

Read Kourosh’s how to take smart notes with DEVONthink instead, for 20x less money, and do the work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

+1 on take smart notes with DEVONthink ebook :+1:

2 Likes

I agree that the Obsidian forum is a very interesting and lively place to read very in-depth views and suggestions for organizing information and notes. Try either the Obsidian forum on Discourse or the Obsidian Discord server. The Discord server is of course just short message streams. The Discourse group is where the theory and practice is hammered out in detail.

3 Likes

Has anyone taken Koirosh’s course? I know of him only by reputation

Out of curiosity, how do you mean?

I saw a few videos of Tiago and he seems to think that PARA is the end-all/be-all of organization, and I just don’t see it, frankly - but I’m happy to be wrong. :slight_smile:

Can anyone get to Obsidian Forum via Fig app. I have been searching and no luck.

Nick Milo - valued creator of the IMF framework on the Obsidian forums - pretty much summed it here :

3 Likes

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

2 Likes

@anon41602260 English Please :slight_smile:

Socrates.
Google is your friend.

2 Likes

Well, thanks for the heads-up and recommendations. I’ve bought the course and it’s downloading now.

2 Likes

Yes.

(In the voice of ambassador Kosh and also for twenty characters. :wink:)