Mac Power Users Merchandise

Some random Twitter user started messaging me out of nowhere. They wanted me to do them a favor and ask the following specific question on this forum. I assume they don’t want to register an account.

Have you guys ever considered selling Mac Power Users merchandise like shirts and hats? I would gladly buy any offered merchandise.

Edit: Mac Power Users merchandise is now being sold!

I’d buy a coffee mug in a heartbeat!

:coffee:

4 Likes

They’ve done this in the past. I have the glow in the dark t-shirt.

1 Like

That looks cool. I wish they would bring it back.

Nope! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

All I can say is …. stay tuned!

7 Likes

do we need to follow or subscribe though?!

:cup_with_straw: :sunglasses: :popcorn:

Hi @ismh.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you see if you can make allowances for fans from outside of the USA. Import tax and handling fees can be brutal for those of us in the UK, a T-Shirt worth $20 can easily cost £40, and a Theme Journal came in at about £48. That was before Brexit. :weary:

3 Likes

Canada seems more likely than anything else.

The £ to $ has gone up quite a bit - but the new VAT rules will be what bumps it up.
I’ve had to miss out on a lot because of the extra £10 the post office want to charge as a processing fee.

3 Likes

Agreed.

It makes everything unreasonably expensive. I’m obviously not blaming any of our favourite podcast hosts for this, but it stops me being reasonably able to further support my favourite shows. I’ve done it in the past, but the extra taxes and costs have hurt.

3 Likes

What would benefit both sides?

Unfortunately, at our scale, having distribution from within Europe or the UK just isn’t feasible. :frowning:

Moving to the United States or Canada is still an option. :wink:

Reminds me of complaints regarding MacRumors giveaways

1 Like

Because I have enough t-shirts and would much prefer the option of a coffee mug, I started to write, “I want to wake up every morning thinking of @MacSparky and @ismh” but then I realized, that just doesn’t sound right!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Then you’re going to like what I’ve been working on. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

what about inter-office transfer between memphis and London? :wink:
Myke could then become a postie for us :joy:

1 Like

Awesome, I have enough t-shirts! :slight_smile:

I… I would check the show notes for tomorrow’s episode when it goes live. Just saying…

7 Likes

I would pay £10 more per t-shirt if I knew I didn’t have to worry about healthcare.