Mastermind Groups

Today? I’m in! Hopefully @AFC and maybe some others can make it?

1 Like

Alright, 1pm Central (11am Pacific) today - come hang out with @RosemaryOrchard and I if you’re interested in a daytime (U.S.) mastermind group!

2 Likes

Lucky me my flight is delayed so at that time I might be bored at the airport… will try to join in! :+1:

1 Like

Noob question: do I just need to follow the link or install any app? :hugs:

Would you mind sharing the books that you all will read, as it happens? I immediately bought & read the 12 Week Year, when you announced it. It has been on my list. I’ve been implementing the practice already. Best of luck with the MM Group - Looks like a very rewarding venture!

We’ll use Zoom for the call, I’ll post the link here about 5m before we start: https://zoom.us

1 Like

If you’re looking for book recommendations, I’m actually in the process of putting together a page for this: http://mikeschmitz.me/bookshelf/

Full disclosure: the links on that page are Amazon affiliate links. So for those of you who don’t want to use those I understand, for those of you who want to help me out I appreciate it! :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s the link: https://zoom.us/j/9458036075

@RosemaryOrchard wanted to make sure you saw this :wink:

1 Like

Enjoyed the call. Looking forward to this group! Thanks for facilitating the intro, Mike.

2 Likes

I just noticed your cornchip avatar has 100% less beard :wink:

1 Like

That’s what happens when you don’t update your gravatar since…2012? See, this is why I need a group to keep me accountable.

2 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t able to jump on the call earlier today, I was in class. So was it decided that we’d start up another group? If so, let me know and I’ll create a Slack Workspace for us.

@Luth_Lexor no worries, that group sounds like they will meet mid-day US time (a couple of them are in Europe) so with your class schedule it might make more sense to see if there’s a few more folks who want to join a group that meets in the evening US time.

Since @Luth_Lexor is willing to facilitate, any other takers? :wink:

Right now we’re reading 12 Week Year. Probably won’t go much beyond that We’re using it as an icebreaker

1 Like

I completely missed this today! Any room left in this group? Would love to join in on an EST daytime group, if possible.

Hi everyone. I may have been a month or so late to joining this forum, but I’m excited to see that people are interested in participating in a mastermind to take action on their own goals and challenges others to do more than they can imagine doing on their own.

By way of mini-resume introduction, I’m essentially a consultant in the customer service and support space, most specifically working with big companies implementing Salesforce. I’ve been working with Salesforce for 15 years and consulting in it for about 8. I work for a Canadian company, though I live in Minnesota with my wife and two kids still at home. I travel quite a lot for work across North America. I’m a big fan of productivity, anything Apple makes, leadership podcasts, Day One, OmniFocus, and a whole bunch of other tools @MacSparky may or may not have influenced me to buy. I’m always looking at ways to improve myself and my team.

I tried starting a mastermind group a few years ago with a couple remote friends and while it was valuable, scheduling conflicts stifled it and we eventually folded. I enjoy listening to what is challenging to others and offering what advice I might have come across in my nearly 50 years on this big blue marble.

I would like to join a group, though I’m also willing to be the coordinator for one if we need to start another one. I’m got some experience in leading one, so I’m glad to do it again.

I’m learning Discourse, though I think at some point, it might be best if we employ some other tools to organize the intake and MM matching process, just so we’re clear what groups exist, when they meet, who is in them, and so on. I’m willing to take some of that on as well so @mikeschmitz doesn’t have to feel like the ringleader here. Whatever works, I’m game to help.

1 Like

I love that these groups are forming. I want to get involved with one myself at some point but I’m still not quite there.

3 Likes

I am interested in joining a group as well. I’ve been in the IT field for over 15 years, currently an IT Manager for a college. I am pursuing a doctoral degree as well. Not a lot of time, but I would love to be in a group. I’ve tried to join several mastermind groups in the past, but they never really took off.

It’s great to see all the interest in these groups! I think we’ll need a new process going forward… here’s what I’m thinking:

• I’ll create a form that captures a couple pieces of information, including what your preferences are for times, whether you’re willing to facilitate, and a little bit about why you’re interested in joining a mastermind
  • Since @CRMFYI has offered to help, we’ll capture those to an AirTable database and match people up based on their availability
  • The introductions can be made via email and the group can set up their kickoff call
  • I’ll prepare a list of talking points based on what we’ve gone over in the previous calls
  • The groups can run themselves from there

I have yet to talk to @CRMFYI about all of this though :wink:

I’ll also offer some free advice here for anyone who is thinking about joining - ultimately, what makes a mastermind successful is when people are looking to give, not to get. You will get out of a mastermind group what you put into a mastermind group. This was something that took me awhile to learn, and looking back I can see how it almost caused my mastermind group to fail. I’m glad we got through that phase - learn from my mistakes! :slight_smile:

3 Likes