May 2020 Sales and Hardware/Software Deals

It’s a good deal either way! I like that you guys/girls share them here.

1 Like

Cocoatech is offering 15% off on new purchases or upgrades of PathFinder.

Code is “stayput” on the website, the code they mailed out was “StayHome” – so take your pick.

1 Like

Not sure if you’d consider it software, but given the general subject matter (skewered) it might be appropriate for this forum: iTunes has dropped the price of each season of SILICON VALLEY to $4.99, and all six seasons (53 episodes) are at an all-time low of $24.99.

1 Like

What do you use PathFinder for?

Love the show. Thanks for the deal

A few answers here : What Setapp apps do you use?

GIF Maker in-app premium purchase is free from $4.99.

Tap "?" -> "Promo" -> "Unlock Forever" to unlock premium lifetime pass for FREE.

(Info source: reddit)
1 Like

I’ll admit I use PathFinder less than previously. I use it when the collection of panes while working with organizing file is useful. e.g., dual panes for viewing two folders side-by-side, plus an additional pane with a terminal open in it, plus the dropstack for collecting files before moving them. It’s clever.

BTW – PathFinder is included in SetApp so don’t buy it directly if you have a SetApp subscription.

FortLift 3 is on sale for 66% off - $9.95. I bought this years ago as an FTP client but use it now mostly as a Finder replacement for certain workflows.

5 Likes

[MacOS] Floating: Picture in Picture in-app pro purchase is free.

Floating is a very simple yet useful app which lets you picture in picture (pin/stick/float) as many videos or photos on top of all windows.

Steps: menu bar icon > buy > it should say $0.00 > Buy

Info source: reddit

The MAS page doesn’t say it requires Catalina, but I cannot think why else I can’t download it.

Strange, I’m getting the same error.

I just contacted Apple Support because two apps that needed updating gave me the same error, and they don’t require Catalina. So something’s borked on their end.

Odd! Before I posted the sale info yesterday, I successfully purchased the pro package. My MAS is still in High Sierra system. Could it because of different zones? Mine is China’s MAS. Or the app stopped the sale?

Thanks. Updated FL3 at discounted price :blush:

How does this compare to Cyberduck?

Forklift makes a fantastic Finder replacement, Cyberduck not at all.

Was able to “buy” the app just now.

Yes, it’s working for me too now. Definitely a problem on Apple’s end, and they fixed it, but not before people complained on Apple’s Support site and on Reddit, or before AppleInsider reported on it too:

Sorry, I never used Cyberduck so I can’t compare. As @bowline commented, it is an excellent Finder replacement. You can try Forklift for free if you are interested.

1 Like