Oct 30, 2018 Apple Event Streaming Thread

I thought it might be St. Vincent, but I’ll take Lana Del Rey.

If anyone wants to sell their old Mac Mini, let me know. I’m suddenly in the market for a used model as a home server, while everyone buys the new one.

1 Like

The new pencil can get a gravure. :smile:

It is hard to recommend a low-end laptop with this iPad Pro, and it may be getting hard to recommend a high end one too. I think the writing is on the wall…

3 Likes

12.9” iPad Pro 256GB and keyboard case ordered

1 Like

There’s a thread to vote in and tell us what you pre-ordered!

Sorry for the delay, had to get my order in first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

$129 for pencil
$199 for Smart Keyboard Folio

$1499 for the config I want of the 12.9. Take my money, Apple; i can probably survive a few months without food …

Ouch, a fully spec Mac Mini comes out to $4000

12.9” iPad ordered. Now I just have to wait a week. Will be a long week.

1 Like

Just placed my order. Felt weird to get the 256 GB model when there are two larger sizes available – I usually get the medium capacity model. But even for the increasingly larger PDF files I deal with as an attorney, I think that capacity will work for me. November 7 delivery date.

-Jeff

1 Like

I am SO disappointed that iMacs weren’t mentioned, esp after the phenomenal upgrades to both the Air and Mini (more Ram, T2 chip, etc). Any thoughts on that???

1 Like

“No ‘One More Thing’” Drink

Entry level 11" iPad with keyboard and pencil comes in at 1213€ in Germany. I think my 9.7 pro will do for another year

1 Like

$1,606 for everything I want. Maybe next year.

I was in the same boat as Katie and likely to have purchased an iMac to replace my aging Late 2012. It looks like they’re going to go nearly two years until the next iMac update.

I’m torn about iPad size … will probably go big.

Thanks for watching with us here today. I’ve got to go be a dad for a bit and drive to my daughter’s school.

In the meantime, leave your comments in this thread. Katie and I will be recording this afternoon about the event. My intention is to soften her up into buying a new iPad … wish me luck.

6 Likes

I’m hoping that maybe it’s a press release. From what I saw, it’s never gone 2 years without some sort of spec bump/update. I just can’t believe that they would essentially update their entire Mac line (the pros were updated just a few months ago) and not iMac … KILLING ME! :slight_smile:

This wasn’t a packed event my any means, so the fact that they didn’t mention the iMac probably means no update until at least next year. They could update it via press release sometime early next year, but failing that, we may have to wait until WWDC.

Only the mini and the air a ‘new’ according the the store