October 18, 2021 Apple Event

I was never a fan but I never considered situations like yours. Unfortunately it appears Apple has never been a fan either. I can’t recall them ever improving upon it or even drawing attention to it since it’s introduction.

Perhaps an indication that at least one product announced at the event will be orderable today?

3 Likes

My 16 inch Macbook Pro is “too much computer” for me (I rarely use it outside of web browsing), so hoping to sell it and get a nice M1 MacBook soon :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s the sad part. They didn’t improve the experience besides adding a physical ESC button and separate TouchID. Was hoping they would add haptic.

Tapping the touchbar rather than doing acrobatics for kb shortcuts. Sliders for adjusting brush sizes, opacity, tolerance settings. Editing video and switching tools are a breeze. If they do kill the touchbar, I guess I’d keep my 16” MBP longer.

1 Like

I was going to post the same thing. It would be pretty silly to shut down the store for a few hours just to post promo material! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m curious to see what the new MacBook power brick looks like. The current ones are just too bulky and heavy

Me too! Also, I’m reeeeeeeally hoping that charging via USB will still be available. I understand why MagSafe was beloved, but the ability to charge with any USB-C adaptor or Thunderbolt dock is an amazing thing that I truly hope is retained if MagSafe does make a comeback. I haven’t used an Apple charger for anything in ages.

1 Like

Are you waiting for a higher-specced one than what’s currently available?

Because of rumors that the Touch Bar is going away, do you think this is when Apple will revamp the trackpad? Like change the trackpad to an OLED screen so that a user could configure similar to the Touchbar or Stream Deck using a modifier key to switch modes from trackpad to touchpad?

@ismh has to be loving the iMac G3.

2 Likes

The Apple Music Voice Plan is a bit weird. Is it just a cheaper way to access Apple Music?

No, they’re charging you less if you only intract with Apple Music via Siri.

1 Like

Yeah, this is it. …I think.

Basically if you’re a single-user subscriber and you’re not using spatial audio/high-res audio, you should downgrade to the Voice Plan.

Interesting that the 2nd Gen AirPods remain available at $129. :thinking:

Yesss 32gb of RAM in the M1 Pro!

1 Like

M1 Pro has support for two external displays! (expected, but good to learn)

Four displays on the M1 Max.

1 Like

If I’m interpreting the slide right, the M1 Max basically has an Afterburner card built-in to the SOC.

1 Like

I wanted to bet that the M1 Max is only available in desktop machines, but they talked about how it performs well when both plugged in and on battery… Interesting.

1 Like

Design kind of hearkens back to the pre-retina unibody laptops.

1 Like

Well, we got a notch.