Omnifocus 4 release

It looks like Omnifocus 4 is being released today. It’s already up on the app store.

1 Like

More on that:

3 Likes

I’m hearing beautiful music but hoping resistance is not futile. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

For some reason, not on their website yet. Got an email last night saying it “will launch soon”.

Official launch will be at 10am Seattle time

2 Likes

App Store is already offering OmniFocus 4.

2 Likes

definitely do not want that one.

I am pacific time and it is now available at 8:15 am

Looks quiet nice ‎OmniFocus 4 im App Store

But I think I will stay with Things for now

2 Likes

Why? Is there a difference ?

Launch time!

Other than Apple getting a kick back fro the sale, the Apple Store has a generous licensing policy than Omnigroup website. Am I wrong in understanding here.

The official announcement on Omni’s Blog: Introducing OmniFocus 4

5 Likes

If you want to use on your iPhone and iPad you’re going to have to use the App Store version anyway? It’s a universal app.

For iOS/iPad OS, download it from the App Store, and then log into your Omni account within the app, and any purchases/license keys purchased directly from Omni Group will be recognized.

1 Like

I just posted two videos that showcase new and enhanced features in OmniFocus 4:

1. :film_projector: What’s New in OmniFocus 4.0 for iPhone & iPad
  2. :film_projector: What’s New in OmniFocus 4.0 for Mac

Enjoy! :popcorn:

16 Likes

I just saw the pricing and my jaw dropped. It’s 150 USD for the pro version which includes custom perspectives --which is what really unlocks the power of OF imho. I think it was 50 USD for desktop and about 40 USD for iOS in 2018. The plus side is that there is a 50% discount for upgrades which makes it more reasonable to me for die hard OF users, but I guess OF will become a niche player against other task managers.

Edit: to add that the pricing I had for OF3 probably were upgrades too, do not want to be unfair.

New keyboard shortcuts for updating dates, tags, etc. Yayyyyy! :slight_smile:

New keyboard shortcuts only work if a single task is selected. Boooo! :frowning:

Is it just me, or is the Forecast calendar still unable to display the count of items deferred for a given date? E.g., If I defer 20 items to 12/15, the Forecast mini-calendar still shows 0 tasks for that day.

A yearly subscription for OF4 on all Apple devices is $100. I think that’s pretty standard for an app with this level of sophistication. Whether it’s worth it depends on how much you need OF vs the alternatives.

2 Likes

The Forecast calendar reflects the number of items that are due on the corresponding date. As you discovered, deferred items don’t impact this count.

2 Likes