POLL: What is your task manager of choice?

I like polls… my upfront apologies for doing so many of those

• Things 3
  • Todoist
  • Reminders
  • Omnifocus
  • Microsoft To Do
  • TickTik
  • Other
  • I do not use a task manager

0 voters

5 Likes

I bet there’s some percentage who use more than one. (I’m not one of them, though.)

9 Likes

All of them.

Jokes aside, I’m settled with putting everything on my Calendar and Reminders for the rest of the stuff. But Calendar is king.

1 Like

Voted “Reminders” but meant GoodTask. I know there are a few GoodTask people here, but still I think it’s underrated. Has its quirks and a bit of a learning curve, but the range of views and flexible options make it worth the effort for me.

6 Likes

Bullet Journal in an Hobonichi Techo Cousin :smiley:.

Sometimes think of switching to org-mode :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Remember The Milk based on this GTD setup.

(that setup blog post is rather old; the screenshots show the old RTM UI)

1 Like

I use NotePlan.

Been reading up on beorg (which I bought a while back) lately. I’m still drawn to org-mode for some reason.

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation :stuck_out_tongue:

Two things keep me back:

• I’d like to use the whole org-mode, not only agenda and tasks, on mobile (maybe Plain Org is the solution, but I’ve not tried it yet)
  • My current mobile client stuff setup involves e2ee from devonthink, which excludes open in place on iOS (and since I need encryption for client stuff open in place is a no go anyway) and then excludes any kind of comfortable cloud sync
2 Likes

I’ve built my own in Notion. This is not recommended, although it works well for me!

3 Likes

Yes they are. Reminders and Microsoft ToDo are the two I use.

2Do. Used to use Appigo’s ToDo, but 2Do is in Setapp and is functionally similar.

1 Like

Wow, I’m surprised OmniFocus rates so low on the list in this community.

1 Like

Been playing around with Todoist. It’s a privacy nightmare…

1 Like

Many years ago I tried “all” of them. None except OmniFocus had total syncing and apps between my devices (Mac/iPhone/iPad) so eventually it was OmniFocus that got my bucks.
I love it, even though I still feel like a noob. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think because there are so many alternatives to OmniFocus – especially ones like NotePlan that are easily customizable – that OmniFocus ranks lower. Also, frankly, OF is old school GTD and the world is moving on. That said, I use OF almost solely because it hooks into the macOS extension infrastructure better than other apps, for my purposes.

2 Likes

I normally use OF, but my project load has simplified right now and so I’m using Adam Savage’s checkbox method with a legal pad and a multicolor pen (this one) to indicate project (e.g. blue is teaching, red is research, green is personal, black is everything else).

2 Likes

Reminders, along with Due for recurring ‘bug me until I do it’ tasks.

NotePlan. organized, flexible, powerful

6 Likes

Omnfocus for a good few years but now on Things and very happy. I just did not like the direction of OF4 (Beta)

2 Likes

Reminders per this post.

3 Likes