September 2020 Event Thread!

Yeah, really nice! 20 char

The Apple Music integration in Fitness+ isnā€™t something I was expecting.

Love the privacy animation!

2 Likes

Regarding AppleOne, I wonder what happens with our existing apple services. For example, I would like the Apple One plan but, would need more iCloud space.

That would be the premium one? 29,95?

If that is the case, I would not get that one and would just keep paying individually. :frowning: My hope is that you could add on additional storage.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t really clear in the video. Since my country was not in the fitness lineup Itā€™s not for me either

1 Like

Oooh are they going to be clever? ā€œOld style iPadā€ cheaper, and ā€œnew style iPadā€ for more money?

Yep

(20 char blablablabla)

It looks like Apple One Premier is going to be a no-brainer for me. I already pay a little more than that (or will in another month or so, when my free Apple TV+ subscription runs out), for less.

Adding in Fitness+, upping my storage from 200GB to 1TB, and letting me share it all with family? While dropping my cost by a few bucks a month? Sign me up!

3 Likes

Would be the same for meā€¦ alasā€¦

A14 appearing in an iPad before the iPhone is very surprising.

Based on the ā€œ40% fasterā€ claim, the iPad Air probably has better single core performance than anything else Apple sells at the moment.

2 Likes

Apple got me with the Series 4 with the new heart sensors and fall detection. They got me with the Series 5 with the always on display. The blood oxygen sensor is interesting, but I think Iā€™m going to be able to resist this year.

(If I have a Series 6 by next month you all have permission to throw this post in my face and laugh)

9 Likes

Iā€™m still rocking a Series 1 here. Tempted by the update but not decided yet.

Maybe Iā€™ll update to the Series 3? The SE, whatever that is? Is Series 5 still for sale?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, itā€™s effectively the SE, more or less.

The biggest difference seems to be that Series 5 has an always-on display, the SE does not. According to the comparison chart at the bottom of this page the SE is also missing the ECG sensor.

2 Likes

Sad trombone. The iPad Air wouldā€™ve been eligible, but it wonā€™t be available 'til just after the promotion ends. As a kicker, you can no longer buy the previous-generation iPad Air to get the AirPods deal (not that we wanted the previous gen anyway.)

Also, I hadnā€™t realized this previously, but it turns out only the iPad Air and the iPad Pro were ever eligible for this. So it never would have worked for a Mini or a standard iPad to begin with. I never looked at the fine print, just the ā€œBuy an iPad, get AirPodsā€ promo text. Boo.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of the new Solo Loop watch bands. The green looks nice and I can justify it as being much less expensive than another new stainless Apple Watch. :sweat_smile:

The iPad lineup is quite confusing now, with there being little reason to choose the smaller Pro over the Air. Iā€™m surprised they upgraded the Air, that too so significantly, ahead of the Pro. Solid lineup overall though. Would love to see some of these upgrades make their way to the iPad mini soon!

1 Like

If I were making the decision, FaceID would be the big differentiator. Probably big enough to get me to plunk down an extra $200.

1 Like