Summer Office Setup

Mosquitos are not strong fliers. Thus a nice breeze is enough to keep them at bay. So yes, fans are the best way we’ve found to enjoy time on the deck.

We live in a very wet area. When the folks moved in across the street they had a mosquito control company come out. And the chap that came out said they would be wasting their money, because while they could treat the yard, the surrounding area would provide plenty of habitat for the critters.

We garden for wildlife and have a number of small ponds, natural and manmade. We use mosquito dunks to keep the population down as much as we can. But we back up to state forest, and there is plenty of wetlands. A good rainstorm can leave part of our land flooded. And we are surrounded by blueberry farms and cranberry bogs. So we’ll have plenty no matter what we do.

Finally, don’t waste your money on a bug zapper. Such a device will kill plenty of insects, most of them beneficial. I will do nothing to lower the mosquito population.

3 Likes

Single malt of course :wink:

Thanks for the info — I really appreciate it!!

1 Like

Huge fan of your old school Apple display. Those things are gorgeous.

1 Like

If it a hot day, I’d ask for a beer, or two, first.

Do you always keep your iMac off to the side like that? Does it bother your neck? Or do you swivel a little so your perpendicular to the iPad or iMac when using either?

Unrelated, but I’ve always loved your Be a Good… Beck/Student etc project setup and adopted it.

1 Like

My vacation office in Bora Bora.

![CE083302-9A83-46F3-A0A0-191EB0796D37|690x388](upload://lzk

PVThrrwO8LdfV4ogE5ryXglq.jpeg)

17 Likes

Maybe it will work for my wife here in Eastern PA. Thanks for the heads up. She gets bitten to pieces in the Summer, I do but don’t seem to have strong reactions. Just as well as much of what I do is among the wildflowers.

1 Like

sorry @beck It appears I am going to Bora Bora so cannot make it to your place… It was a difficult decision but the pictures uploaded by @charlene were very convincing lol

9 Likes

Is there any other kind :wink:

1 Like

Did you make the iPad Stand? If not can you link to it?

I did make it. The one in that picture was the prototype for this one.

Now you’re talking (with 20 words)

1 Like

You need a nice wallpaper for your MacBook so you will have something nice to look at :wink:

Challenging ergonomics, you may not be productive and that would be a shame with that view! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you ever consider a standing desk out there? I have one but barely use it in stand mode. Nice setup and view!!

I love the light in my office, and the air con as it gets like an oven where I live!

8 Likes

desk is so clean + love the view

Hey @beck just saw you’re in the NY times
nytimes article

5 Likes

This is so cool! (20 characters)