What office chair is everyone using?

Love that office, and especially that you have your great granddad’s chair.

Score! I have an Aeron in my home office. Love that chair. It was purchased by a previous employer, but it was too hard to move across multiple states when I left so they told me to keep it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What is a good price on an used Aeron chair? I see them around $440 in my local Craigslist ( Colorado ) . Is there a way to tell if it is a fake?

$1200 for a chair is a bit out of my league, which is why I’m looking at used.

Weird. It says “open box” but there are almost 3400 sold. That’s a lot of open boxes. Is it real or a knock-off brand?

I have recently become a student again. I was using an ikea chair and hated every moment of studying at home. I upgraded to a Steelcase Think and love it. It’s enough adjustability to fit me but not too much to make it a pain.
Being off over the summer I don’t sit in the office chair as often and every time I do my mind immediately is “wow this is comfortable”

I’ve had an Aaron for about 10 years now, and we recently got one for my partner, who loves it. Wouldn’t change either of them. Got them refurbished from eBay for somewhat less than the price new, I’m pleased to say

Just bought an open box Steelcase Leap from Madison Seating. $400.

I am moving really soon (like end of next month) and will have two bedrooms, one a spare for my office. I am currently collecting things for it and @MacSparky’s studio is a big time inspiration for me.

I bought the Leap because I am a web developer who works remotely and needs a good chair. Of course, I haven’t put it together and am not sure I could; the chair is damn heavy. But I plan on waiting until I move to get this baby put together and put to use.

Just for reference, I bought my girlfriend an Aeron size B for $275 from someone on Nextdoor (Northeast of Atlanta). Don’t think it’s loaded on adjustments, but still a great chair that she loves, and well worth the price.

There is a whole thread on office chairs and I missed that! You guys are going to cost me money!

3 Likes

how do you like your Chair from Madison Seating? The prices are very attractive, but I am a bit weary about buying open box from them.

1 Like

I haven’t put it together and probably won’t until the end of this month when I move.

I really just wanted something now without having to save for it, as my current chair is really exacerbating my lumbago. So I went with it.

If I do go with a new one, it won’t be for some time.

Well, I pulled the trigger and purchased the Herman Miller. $1,500 is a lot of money for a chair but at least it will be tax deductible and the dear wife did not fuss, much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any comments on the Herman Miller Sayl?

https://www.lumens.com/sayl-basic-work-chair-by-herman-miller-GNB1699911.html?irgwc=1&clickid=1mKSELUs%3AxyORObwUx0Mo34GUki38HWWI1ZzTU0&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=ir

I tried it out. Not comfortable if you’re tall.

1 Like

I’m 5’11. Do you think that is too tall?

I’m 6’ 72kg, and did not like it.

Just found this brief discussion in which a 6’1" woman and a 6’3" man found different aspects of it uncomfortable.

I think it’s something you have to try for yourself.

Somehow I missed this one…

i have one fo these and love it:

Steelcase Gesture here. I have one at work and decided to buy one for my home office since I love it so much. I prefer it to Aeron (and similar mesh chairs). Not inexpensive but worth it.

I just ordered one of these: https://www.fully.com/hag-capisco-chair.html

First time I’ve had a fancy chair!

2 Likes

Have just ordered an Aeron. Went to try them and check the ergonomic stuff out… but it was the polished aluminium base that sold it to me! :joy:

1 Like