What office chair is everyone using?

Would love to know how you get along with this in sitting vs standing modes. :wink:

@joebuhlig basically my desk stays the same height always (standing height) and I roll the chair over when I want to sit. Thatā€™s usually during Zoom meetings and sometimes when writing. The chair is always elevated, and I bought the foot-ring add-on so my feet arenā€™t dangling all the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought an expensive Herman Miller Aeron ~20 years ago. It is fine but not all that magical. I would not bother buying another such an expensive chair. The left armrest broke off a couple years ago (the metal actually fractured). This was not secondary to any kind of abuse.

I have learned not to really miss it and continue to use the chair. It will probably outlive me.

Got a HON Ignition 2.0 here, along with some better chair wheels to replace the low-quality plastic ones it includes. Two months in, Iā€™m pretty pleased.

I gave up.chair like 4 years ago. I pretty much stand and work.

1 Like

Is this the part where I eat crow?

6 Likes

Herman Miller Embody for my office! Love the chair, great investment. Do not buy new! Buy it used.

What. On. Earth. is that, @MacSparky? How large was the crater where it landed?

4 Likes

Itā€™s the Capisco by Fully. And I think itā€™s my fault :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks like a Thumb Thumb from the Spy Kids movies. :smile:

Thatā€™s true! I can never look at that chair the same way again.

1 Like

I have a $99 mesh backed chair from Costco. Not a bad chair overall, comfortable and the back is breathable which is nice since my office gets hot.

The only problem is the chair has squeaked loudly for years. No lubricant ever helped. This past weekend, I completely disassembled the chair, cleaned out all the old grease and lube. Then I sprayed everything down with Seafoam Deep Creep and reassembled.

No more squeaks! Itā€™s truly better than new. So happy I didnā€™t just replace it.

2 Likes

How do you and @MacSparky like it? Thinking of getting that or the Puls but not a lot of reviews.

I bought a remanufactured Steelcase Leap v2 from https://www.crandalloffice.com - they did a very good job. Completely reupholstered and re-padded, extremely solid packing/shipping, and they gave good support when I had an issue putting it together. (My misunderstanding, as it turned out.)

And the price was excellent - a little over $500.

They also have Aerons and some other ergonomic chairs.

1 Like

The Capisco is a very opinionated chair. I like mine but I think some people may hate it. It really isnā€™t a chair you can sit back in for a 5 hour session. But I think thatā€™s the point.

2 Likes

I love it. I use it all day every day. I am very glad I paid for the extras (leather, foot ring). But I almost never stand at my standing desk anymore as I always use this chair :joy:

3 Likes

NB went to a local furniture warehouse which sells used office chairs. Liked the Knoll Generation more than the Aeron; the Steelcase Leap was a close second. Liked the Aeron too but did not want to pony up the extra cash-- premium even used.

Ordered a Capisco as you and @MacSparky inspired me. I had actually looked at the Balans chair for awhile-- weirdly, had one as a kid, but was not sure if I could tolerate the knee pressure for extended pressures. The saddle style seat is good to reduce hip flexion, plus Iā€™m a fidgeter. Will add it to the ledger of cash Mac Power Users has cost me over the years. . .

This is the perfect fidgeter chair IMHO :slight_smile:

Whilst respecting everyones experiences, I have never really got peoples worries about chairs. Some people really obsess over them.

For the last 10 years I have used a Ā£50 faux leather office chair from Amazon. Seems to work fine.

I donā€™t have an office chair. I sit on a ball all day to help my posture:) Itā€™s a Vluv Stov, 65cm diameter. Been using it for 2 years now Iā€™m very happy with it. Havnā€™t had any backproblels since I started using it.