My 'Office' Setup

Perhaps a ‘setups’ category is in order? :wink:

This looks way cool. I’ll be happy to share mine when the renovation we’ve got going is complete.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Dom’s Office Setup

This looks awesome @TiffanyW_412 , it’s inspiring me to take a look at 4K monitors. I’d need one with a low enough refresh rate because my current one is a gaming BenQ that is low res but plays nice with my Nintendo Switch

1 Like

Ahhh the classic Ikea desktop with alex drawer combo. Looks really good! If anyone is looking for some desk setup ideas I recommend checking out the battlestations subreddit. A lot of the posts are “gaming” setups, but there are some productivity/mac ones as well. Ive gotten a bunch of ideas for my own setup from browsing over there.

Nice rig! Note to all - I think we should shamelessly copy from Reddit and refer to this topic as Battlestations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Quahog’s Office Setup

We have renamed the Homescreens category to “Homescreens & Office Setups” and moved this post there, as well as split two others into their own topics, please continue to post away! :smiley:

1 Like

No not a standing desk unfortunately.

On the other monitor:

Hyper.js with a few npm scripts running and oh-my-zsh with Dracula theme and patched Powerline fonts for the git integration and those flags you see. I also have syntax highlighting and a few other plugins as well as a pretty interesting z shell bash profile. No vim I’m afraid. Todoist when I was using it and Timing 2.

1 Like

What scanner would you get now for film? I thought Epson built really good scanners for that?

Anything you’d change about your set-up or improve upon @TiffanyW_412?

I love this! Reminds me of Mac Setups on OS X Daily

I really should have gotten a longer LINNMON tabletop. I bought all this when I planned to move so I just set up everything in this new place. I didn’t quite gauge how much stuff I was buying and how I would place them when I arrived. I have a 78" LINNMON and I would probably go with a 96" and another ALEX drawer.

I would also like some better fake succulents if I am being honest. I couldn’t find what I wanted on Amazon so I opted for a set of four and didn’t really realize how small and how fake they’d look. Like, really, really fake. So I plan on getting one here soon and paying more money for it.

A post was split to a new topic: Aland’s Office Setup

A post was split to a new topic: Jahala’s Office Setup

A post was split to a new topic: Rob’s Office Setup

I love seeing how others have designed their office/home office - I find it inspirational for how I’d like my future office (sometime in the distant future, probably: grinning:) to look like.

But I always get a bit jealous since I don’t have a home office, yet - in fact, my only “tools” are my iPhone 7+ as well as my MacBook Air, a tripod and a bag to top it off.
I’m able to work anywhere, so it’d be a bit overkill to set up a designated home office :joy:

But I do look forward to seeing how you end up designing your home office @MacSparky having heard you mention it more than a couple of times on the show :smile:

2 Likes

This is the scanner I’m considering getting to scan photos (non-negatives/slides). I’ll have to do further research.

This post inspired me to get the Hue lightstrip for my office. thank you @TiffanyW_412

and Im also relieved to know that Im not the only one who struggles with cable management. Thankfully it doesn’t bother me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah. Explain?:nerd_face: why do you like them?

Love the Keyboard! Ever thought about other keyboards? The world of mechanical keyboards is large and dangerous for the wallet.