Scansnap 1300 replacement

I’m sorry if this topic has been discussed, ad nauseam before, but I have a fine working 1300 which, after Catalina, will be a brick.
Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? Not Fujitsu, I’m finished with them. I don’t want to go down the Vuescan route.
Thanks

Yes, there have been some discussions, but they are all over the place. :slight_smile: You can find them by searching for “Scanscnap” or “Brother” or “Epson” and so on.

Some of the replacement alternatives can be found at:

Or you go with an app (if you do not scan too much on a daily basis):

Disclaimer: some of the hyperlinks above point to posts I have written. There are a lot of posts from other users pointing to scanners as well.

Question: do you running Windows in vmWare or Parallels? That will be my solution to keep the Scansnap running. I need the scanner only once a week, so it will be no problem for me to start that virtual windows for scanning.

1 Like

I’m with you on the “no Fujitsu” sentiment. You might consider a Raven scanner:
https://www.raven.com/pages/raven-scanner

I have no experience with the Raven scanner, but the specs look good. Several cloud services (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Evernote) are supported. The company is US-based (Houston TX). A Raven Cloud service is available, but it does not appear to be mandatory.

Interesting detail: the graphics in Raven’s website appear to be produced with, or processed through, Apple Pages app. This may be a hint that the scanner or software is Mac-friendly.

If anyone has experience with this, please post here. I am considering this scanner to replace my ScanSnap 1500M , if I don’t go with VueScan or ExactScan software.

We discussed this a few months ago - my reply was here: